If you’ve been at Tuttle over the past few weeks, you’ll have heard Lloyd talk about the new rota to make sure that the different things that have to happen to enable Tuttle to function each Friday actually get done.
We started off with a sign-up sheet – that’s right, a real piece of paper! – but we’ve now added this as a page on the wiki.
There are six different tasks, although one of those – opening up the building – is usually done by Brian (since he has the keys!). The others are
- welcome, meet and greet – making sure that newcomers, guests and everyone else is made to feel welcome and comfortable
- coffee and tea-maker – making sure that there is sufficient coffee and hot water for tea throughout the morning
- tidying up – making sure that the space is kept tidy and clean
- announcements – collecting and making the 11am community announcements
- looking after coffee money – rattling the tin and counting any money donated
Just because you sign up for a task on a particular Friday doesn’t mean that it is your sole responsibility – there are usually lots of people to help make coffee and tidy up. We just want to make sure someone says they’ll do it so the same people don’t have to do it every week.
You can sign up to do one or more tasks on one or more Fridays on the service rota page of the wiki. Please take the time to do so if you can – it is down to us to make Tuttle happen each week!